The RS485-LN runs on a time schedule, meaning it will wake up at intervals and process a set of pre-defined user commands over the RS485 network before processing responses and uploading data records to a wireless LoRaWAN network. Users can pre-program up to 16 command sets that are processed each cycle. Commands can be configured with a programable time delay where the RS485-LN will wait for a sensor to respond before moving on to the next command. Users can also select how they want to 'cut' bytes from each sensor’s response. The response from each command can be sent as individual data records or as a single merged data record. Downlink commands can be sent to the RS485-LN via the server to change the 16 sensor commands, methods, and delays. However, configurations are recommended via the programming port for verification.
By default, the RS485-LN runs in class C mode, meaning its always awake listening for commands from the server. This allows users to poll a response and change the transmit frequency, as well as setting other configuration commands. Although many settings can be changed via the server, many other settings on the RS485-LN can be modified via AT commands on the serial port interface. The programming cable is provided but an FT232RL USB-TTL converter is also required and is sold separately. The communications port can also be used to upload new firmware via the built-in bootloader.
The RS485-LN is simple to set up, given the vast range of sensors it can interface to. The device design includes a terminal block to simplify connections, a reset button and LED to view MCU and connection status. Mounting is made easy with the flanged enclosure and optional magnetic mounting hardware.
- LoRaWAN v1.0.3 Class A
- Ultra low power consumption
- RS485 interface for RS485/ Modbus sensor
- 3.3 / 5v UART interface for sensor
- High capacity 8500 mAh Li-SOCI2 battery
- Bands: CN470/EU433/KR920/US915
- AT Commands to change parameters
- Uplink on periodically or Interrupt
- Downlink to change configure
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Home and Building Automation
- Automated Meter Reading
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long range Irrigation Systems,etc.
- 1 x RS485-LN LoRaWAN RS485/UART Converter
- 1 x LoRaWAN Antenna
Dimensions and weight
- Device size: 130 x 50 x 45mm
- Device weight: 150g
- Package size : 140 x 80 x 50mm
- Package weight: 180g