The LSN50 is a long range LoRaWAN node that provides spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity whilst minimising power consumption. Its IP68 waterproof design makes it suitable for outdoor use and its powered by a 4000mA Li/SOCl2 non-rechargeable battery. Due to its low power operation, users can expect years of operation with a moderate logging rate.
With a variety of different inputs, the LSN50 is compatible with many sensors out of the box, including, SHT20 Temperature and Humidity sensor, HX711 load cell, LIDAR-Lite V3HP distance sensor, ultrasonic sensors, DS18B20 temperature sensors and many more with the use of the ADC’s. The LSN50 has several modes of operation to work with different combinations of sensors, listed below;
- MOD1 - 1 x DS18B20, 1 x Digital Input & Interrupt, 1 x ADC and 1 x SHT20 (default).
- MOD2 - 1 x DS18B20, 1 x Digital Input & Interrupt, 1 x ADC, 1 x LIDAR-Lite V3HP
- MOD3 - 3 x ADC’s, 1 x Digital Input & Interrupt, 1 x ADC and 1 x SHT20
- MOD4 - 3 x DS18B20, 1 x Digital Input & Interrupt and 1 x ADC
- MOD5 - 1 x DS18B20, 1 x Digital Input & Interrupt, 1 x ADC and 1 x HX711 Load Cell
- MOD6 - 1 x DS18B20, 1 x Digital Input & Interrupt, 1 x ADC and 1 x Counting Input
The operating mode and many other settings on the LSN50 can be modified via AT commands on the serial port interface, but an FT232RL USB-TTL converter is required for this task (not supplied, but recommended). The communications port can also be used to upload new firmware via the built-in bootloader. Some settings can also be changed via the server, like the transmit interval and the reset command.
- STM32L072CZT6 MCU
- SX1276/78 LoRa Wireless Modem
- Pre-load with ISP bootloader
- 18 x Digital I/Os
- 2 x 12bit ADC; 1 x 12bit DAC
- MCU wake up by UART or Interrupt
- LoRa™ Modem
- Preamble detection
- Baud rate configurable
- LoRaWAN 1.0.2 Specification
- Software base on STM32Cube HAL drivers
- Open source hardware / software
- Available Band:433/868/915/920 Mhz
- IP68 Waterproof Enclosure
- Ultra Low Power consumption
- AT Commands to setup parameters
- 4000mAh Battery for Long term use
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Home and Building Automation
- Automated Meter Reading
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long range Irrigation Systems,etc.
- 168 dB maximum link budget.
- +20 dBm - 100 mW constant RF output vs.
- +14 dBm high efficiency PA.
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 kbps.
- High sensitivity: down to -148 dBm.
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -12.5 dBm.
- Excellent blocking immunity.
- Low RX current of 10.3 mA, 200 nA register retention.
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz.
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRaTM and OOK modulation.
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery.
- Preamble detection.
- 127 dB Dynamic Range RSSI.
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC.
- Packet engine up to 256 bytes with CRC.
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator.
- MCU: STM32L072CZT6
- Clock Speed: 32Mhz
Absolute Maximum Ratings:
- VCC: 0.5v ~ 3.9v
- Operating Tempature: -40 ~ 85°C
- I/O pins: 0.5v ~ VCC+0.5V
Common DC Characteristics:
- STOP Mode: 2.7μA @ 3.3v
- RX Mode: 7.2mA
- TX Mode: 125mA@ 20dbm
- Li/SOCI2 unchargable battery
- Capacity: 4000mAh
- Self Discharge: <1% / Year @ 25°C
- Max continuously current: 130mA
- Max boost current: 2A, 1 second
- 1 x LSN50 v2 module
- 1 x External RF antenna
- Device size: 1300 x 50 x 45mm
- Device weight: 150g
- Package size: 140 x 80 x 50mm
- Package weight: 180g